Not so long ago I made a cleaning in my jewellery box. I found some pices which I like but I don't wear anymore. It was perfect ocassion to experiment and to change some old pieces into a new one:)
I made my own bracelet with a map of Ljubljana.
It is really easy. All you need is some piece of jewellery you wish to change (I used quite big, wooden bracelet and earrings), a little bit of patience and:
What to do step by step:
- cut map into smaller pieces (I use an old city map of Ljubljana- the one you can get in tourist information).
- with a brush apply glue on the surface of bracelet/earrings (I used non-toxic, all-purpose glue)
- glue pieces of the map to the bracelet
- wait for glue to dry (I waited few hours to be sure it was completely dry)
- with your brush apply transparent varnish on the surfece of your new jewellery (I applied 3 layers of the varnish)
- wait that your new jewellery is dry
- enjoy wearing it! :-)
Here is how it looks before:
And here after: